CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Writing on my Forehead ~Nafisa Haji~


This was good book that showed how being a Muslim-American is hard for women, even more so just being Muslim-American. This is the story of  Saira Qadar and how she broke the lines between family traditions and being independent.

Saira had gone to college and made many mistakes and her story easily resembles one of her grandmothers lives growing up and going to college instead of marrying. Saira's mother is trying to constantly marry her off and this has caused a riff in the mother-daughter relationship. The estranged relationship to her sister and the gift that she gave her sister.

Saira has made many choices in her life and how they all come ahead to the tragedy in the aftermath of 9/11. Saira's story shows how Muslim-American women who wear the hijab had happen to them in post 9/11. The and of the book leaves it open for another book or to let your imagination to roam.

I was impressed with this book, as seems to be a pattern of late when I have been reading outside my normal area of  subjects I read about. I hope that you enjoy this book as much I as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment